Sunday, May 3, 2009

So excited!

My husband is so awesome! He looked at my computer, diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts, put it all back together, and presto!!!! Working laptop! I've always know Adam was a genius when it comes to computers, he's been building his own PCs since high school. But laptops are a little bit different, so I wasn't sure if he'd be able to find the problem.

I should be able to keep my updates frequent from now on. I am hoping to put the baby's heartbeat from two weeks ago online, I just need to figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer. Starting this next week, I will be 14 weeks pregnant and beginning my 2nd trimester! It's crazy how fast it's gone. In two days, my friend Katrina will start her 3rd trimester! I will start taking belly shots next week and will post them as we go...probably once a month will be easiest.

Today, we went to Reno to celebrate my little brother's birthday. I can't believe he's turning 14 tomorrow!!!! He's already taller than me and his feet have been huge for years now. Dad and both Grandpas are over 6 feet, so we know he's going to be at least 6 feet tall, if not taller! To celebrate, we went to the Grand Sierra Resort where Sam and his two friends could play arcade games, lazer tag, and run around all crazy. We got a screaming deal on pizzas (Round Table pizza, so they were actually good!), and part of the deal was this awesome chocolate cake that was huge! After we were played out on arcade games, we went over to the grand prix go-karts and took to speed way! We had a ton of fun racing, and it wasn't until we were done that I realized my phone had fallen out of my pocket while I was making all of those crazy hairpin turns and landed on the track. The screen is pretty messed up, but it will at least work until I can get a new phone. Luckily, I bought insurance on this phone after Adam washed my first phone with a load of laundry, so instead of paying $300 to replace it like the last time, I only have to pay the $90 deductible. Other than that, it was a great day!

I hope you all had a great weekend and have a good week as well!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

yay for working computers! As for getting the heartbeat to your computer, the only way I found you can do it is to send it to yourself in an email... =)

Jerry and Suzy said...

So glad to hear that Adam is a whiz at computers, both PC and laptop! Now if he can only figure out about laundry and cell phones! (Just teasing, of course -- we know he's a whiz!)

Your Gramma had "belly shots" after her knee surgery, but that was to avoid blood clots. We suspect you are talking about a different kind of belly shot.

Love,
Papa and ~G~r~a~m~m~a~

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls