Saturday, May 16, 2009

Super Awesome Garage Sale Day

Today was the huge garage sale that the community my parents live in through every May. I went with my friend, Katrina, and we both found some AWESOME baby stuff!

I got

- a Pack 'n Play that also has a changing table and a bassinet attached to it. It also plays music, vibrates and has a light for when you are rooting around in the middle of the night. It was only used for 4 months!

- a brand new never been out of the box diaper wipe warmer, which will be nice for late night diaper changes so I (or Adam) hopefully won't wake the baby up, especially in the winter when it's so cold in the middle of the night.

- a take along swing that looks almost like a bouncer, but is a swing.

- a bunch of children's books, like Dr. Seuss, Bernstein Bears, Nursery Rhymes and more.

- Some Disney movies.

- A cute wooden child's chair.

- A wooden toy box.

- Two plant stands.

- An armed pillow with a light and back massager so I can sit up in bead and read at night.

Last weekend, my mom found an awesome crib that I ended up buying. And the lady also had the matching dresser with a hutch and a smaller dresser that also is a changing table. I talked to her last night and she's going to sell me the dresser and changing table! We can't pick up the dressers until mid-June when the couple moves, but that's okay since we still have A LOT of work to do before the nursery will be ready for furniture. The baby stuff is coming along!

All in all, it was an extremely good garage sale day! Hope your Saturday is as great as mine!

1 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Good for you, Nee! Be on top of things, be proactive, and don't let Boss down! That baby wants the best, and you need to save a buck - this seems to be the way to do it!

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls