Monday, July 7, 2008

First day of work and the hubby's birthday!

Today is Adam's 28th birthday! Even though today is the actual day, we've been celebrating pretty much since Thursday. Adam's brother, Casey, flew in from Washington, D.C. late Wednesday evening for the occasion. Thursday we hung out at my in-laws' house and bbqed pork chops and played card and dice games.

Friday, everyone came over to our house for 4th of July fun. Adam made homemade pizza and we played Mexican Train, a really fun dominoes game. Casey stayed at our house Friday night, and we stayed up until about 1a.m. playing Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Here II. It was a lot of fun to hang out with's been about 7 months since we've last seen him.

Saturday, Doug and Sally (my in-laws) came over for brunch. I made coffee cake, which was delish! Then we played more Mexican Train...Doug lost horribly the night before and wanted to redeem himself...which he definitely did! I skunked everyone Friday, and on Saturday, Doug kicked all our butts, and I was in last place by A LOT! I also gave Adam his birthday present...a hammock! We already had the eyelets on the pillars on our patio, so I thought it was the perfect gift. Well, it would have been if 1. the eyelets were the right size and 2. the pillars were cemented into the ground or actually connected to something. Adam set it up and went to lay down and one of the pillars almost came tumbling down, which would have collapsed the entire pergola! So now we'll have to buy a base to hang the hammock from because the pillars that seemed to be perfect for a hammock have now been proved otherwise....oh well!

Saturday night, after games and hammock fun, we went to Q's for dinner. They have some amazing bbq!!! Adam and I always get the tri-tip sandwich, and Doug and Sally always get the pulled pork sandwich. After dinner, Doug, Sally and Casey went back to Reno and Adam and I went to Lowes to get some chicken wire to set up a dog run for our pups. We finished off our project and then played some Guitar Hero II before heading off for bed.

Sunday Adam and I went to Reno to hang out with the family some more. We ended up going bowling at one of the casinos, then we ate at the Atlantis buffet. So much food and so super tasty! After eating until our tummies bulged out, we played some table black jack. The house took us for all we put down! We finished out the night by playing some slots, where Adam recovered a tiny bit of our losses! After that, Adam and I went home so I could get ready for my first day of work!

Which brings me to today! Today was my first day at my new job. It was the typical first day...not a whole lot to do, some training, but not as much as I was hoping for. I'll start in my territory next week, which is what I am really looking forward to. I should be getting my laptop soon, which will help with my training this week because I'll be able to look through my accounts and see who's doing what and so on. I'm excited that I started and ready to get into some real action soon! When I got home from work tonight, Doug, Sally and Casey were already at our house and Adam's birthday dinner was in the oven! We had lasagna, garlic bread and salad...mmmm it was tasty! The fam left pretty soon after dinner, so Adam and I have been able to relax and have some time just the two of us...and that's how I was able to finish not one but TWO posts tonight!! If you didn't see, I posted a blog about the wedding I went to last weekend with lots of pictures!

I hope everyone else had a great weekend like me and a good rest of the week!


Jerry and Suzy said...

Nanee - welcome back to blogland! We've missed you! And good luck with your new job. We know you don't need luck, you have the talent and smarts required. Just work your heart out and take over the company some time.

template by - header image by Martin Walls