Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finally, wedding photos!

Sorry it's been awhile since I last blogged. I know I promised pictures from the wedding I was in last weekend, but that was before I took 250 pictures!!! I've been sorting through them all and have come up with some of my favorites from the weekend, which are below.

To recap, one of my best friends from college got married last weekend. I was honored to be one of her bridesmaids and to be part of such a beautiful day. She was absolutely STUNNING! I flew into San Diego Saturday morning and hung out with the Groom, Neil, and his family for a little bit. Such nice people! Then he took me to the Bride, Gwen, and I jumped into helping her family prepare food for the "After Wedding Brunch" that they were hosting on Monday. I can proudly say I am now the queen of peeling and cutting carrots! As friends and family started arriving into town, they all came over to Gwen's mom and dad's house for a catered lunch. We hung out and laughed, talked, and had a great time! We did a practice makeup run on Gwen, and then Katie, another bridesmaid and very good friend of mine, and Gwen's sister, Jen, went out for a "last night as a non-married woman" drink, then brought back to her parents house so she could sleep in the bedroom she grew up in one last time. After that, Katie and I went to the airport to pick up her boyfriend, Dan, who was flying in from New York. The three of us went back to our hotel suite and crashed, since it was about 1:30 when we got back!

Sunday the three of us went down for the hotel breakfast and ran into all of Gwen's aunts, uncles, and her grandma. We joined them and had a great time chatting and telling stories about Gwennie. Then it was time to go upstairs and get ready for the wedding! We got to the wedding site, the Wild Animal Park, around 1:30p.m. and met up with Gwen, Jen, and Emily (another bridesmaid, who is awesome!). I took a ton of pictures of Gwen getting her hair and make up done. After we were all ready, the photographer took us all over the park for pictures. When it was wedding time, a golf cart drove us on our own personal tour of the park. That was really fun and other park guests congratulated Gwen during our tour. The wedding was beautiful, their vows were so sweet...I cried, of course! In fact, I cried a lot...when she was getting ready, during the wedding, during their first dance, during my toast and everyone elses!

After the ceremony, we took our pictures, then went to the reception. Everyone had a blast at the reception, the food was amazing, the music fun...There were even two animal shows for us all to watch! The party lasted until about 11p.m., then we went back to our hotel. We invited some of our friends over, with the intent to keep the party going, but we didn't get there until 11:45 and were all exhausted by that point. We sat and talked in our suite and then our friends left around 12:30.

Monday we headed back over to Gwen's parent's house for the brunch. It was fun to see the newlyweds and talk about what a great wedding it was. I have a few friends in San Diego that attended the brunch, so when it was over, I hung out at their house for a few hours before my flight home. It was nice to relax with them and catch up. When Adam picked me up at the airport, he had the dogs with him, too, and I got lots of excited puppy kisses to welcome me home! So, that was last weekend! I'll have another post soon about this weekend....until then, enjoy the wedding photos!

Gwen's amazing dress.
Hair and Make Up
Gwen's sister, Jen, did her make up.
A toast to the bride!

Gorgeous hair!
Gwen's aunts, grandma and mom.
Me!
The Bride's and Maid of Honor's flowers
The one and only Katie Woodside.Lacing up the Bride.
The only formal picture I took after the wedding....kinda forgot I had my camera! This is Neil's family.
During the reception, we were treated to two animal shows. The first one was with this porcupine, and the second was with an anteater.
Katie and our good friend Dave on the dance floor.
Dave and I
Dennis and Kate
We definitely took advantage of the "cocktail" hour....we stocked up on drinks since we only had an hour!
The girls: Julianne, Erin, me and Kate.The beautiful bride and her childhood friend, Em.
The cakes were amazing! The flavors were lemon, chocolate, strawberry and caramel. YUM!
Cutting the cake.
Back to dancing!!
Gwen and her nephew, HaydenGwennie and me
The happy couple!
My good friend, Julianne, and her new beau, Jason.
Kate and I
Katie and her fabulous boyfriend, Dan.
There was this awesome bronze rhino...of course we had to ride on it! Erin, me, Julianne and Kate.
This one is the "Bridesmaid Rhino Ride"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for Wedding Pictures! I hope you don't mind if I download some of them.

Nanee Plainy said...

Of course I don't mind if you download some of them! Silly goose!

Emily Jane said...

Haha, you're right, that Emily girl was pretty awesome. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls