Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Digital Camera

Adam and I have been wanting to get a digital camera for ages. I thought I would be content with having the camera function on my cell phone, but ya know....just not cutting it. My grandparents got a new camera and gave us their old camera, but that thing goes through batteries at such a fast pace that it's difficult to keep up with it.

So yesterday, I bid on a digital camera I found on eBay...and I won it! I checked Best Buy, and it retails for $130, and guess how much I got it for? $67! That's right!!! Only $67!!!

Before I go further into this blog, I need to say that I have an obsession with eBay. I love it! It is soooooo exciting to bid on something and fight with someone over it. I especially like it when I win something at the very last second! Actually, it depends what I'm bidding on. Sometimes, I bid on things and see how close I can get to the auction end without getting stuck with the item. Then there's the times where I REALLY want something, and I'm watching it like a hawk, and someone swoops in and steals it away....that makes me sad.

Back to the story...I know I hate it when other people swoop in, but this time, I swooped in and won it at the last second! I was so excited when I won it! With the new blog and all the pictures I've been taking of Jack, and the fact that I'd like to be able to take good pictures (well, I'm not a pro, so I guess I'll have to settle with good amateur pics) of the kitties, the hubby, my family, and document the events that go on in our lives, I need something that is going to work a little better than a cell phone.

I was hoping the camera would get here before Adam and I head out for Picnic Day on Friday (huge event at UC Davis coming up this weekend), but it's not scheduled to get here until Tuesday...sad. So, good new pics will be up next week. Tomorrow night, I'll post some crappy new pics taken with the cell phone. We're meeting Josh, Katrina and Stella at a new dog park tomorrow night. There is a river that runs through it, and I'm excited to get some pics of the dogs playing in the water. I'll also post an update about Picnic Day on Sunday when we get home.

The good news about the camera coming in on Tuesday is that it will be here in time for Sam's birthday. Sam is my 12 year old, soon-to-be 13 year old, brother. We're celebrating his birthday a week early as a family because he and my dad are going on a weekend ride during his actual birthday weekend. To continue holding the title of the coolest older sister ever, I was able to pull some strings with some friends of ours that work at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Where's that you say? It's actually Marine World in Vallejo renamed. Anyway, our friends are animal trainers there and are hooking us up with some amazing animal visits! We are going to have VIP seating at the Killer Whale show, an up close meeting with elephants followed by an elephant ride. Then we'll hit up the Giraffes and give them some lunch. We'll also get the chance to meet a baby porcupine, a bush baby, and sea lions!!! Plus all the rides that are there, it's going to be an amazing day!!!! I'm firming up the details this weekend and am just so excited to be able to offer something like this for Sam's birthday. There will be amazing photo opps, so make sure to tune in around April 27th or so for some super cool pics (taken with the new camera, of course!).

Wow...this became a long blog! A long rambling blog. It's funny, Adam went to bed about 45 minutes ago...I'm thinking I should wrap this up and go to bed myself. Until next time!

4 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Sorry about the battery-chugging camera. It was better than nothing, but not much, I guess.

Maybe you can well it on ebay!

Papa and ~G~r~a~m~m~a~

Nanee Plainy said...

It worked for a little while, but it seriously went through batteries every 20 minutes. I'm sure I could take it somewhere to get it fixed, I just kept forgetting and figured I probably would spend the same amount to get it fixed as I would to get a new one. However, I still would like to get it fixed one day because it is an awesome camera! The one I bought is a point and click, so while it's better than my cell phone, it's definitely not better than the one you gave us.

Geminai said...

Some cameras are just like that, and there's not much you can do except get something that's rechargeable - sometimes those have more holding power than the non-rechargeables.

Also, fyi, you will go through more batteries when out in the cold. Cold kind of "tricks" the camera into thinking the battery is dead when it really isn't. If you're out in the cold and your battery is "dead", try putting it in your pants pocket for a few minutes or putting it somewhere warm, and trying again.

Katrina said...

Try using rechargeable Batteries. My Fuji camera ate regular batteries like there was no tomorrow, but I tried rechargeable ones, and they last a heck of a lot longer. =)

Have fun this weekend!

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls