Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dehydration...

Last night was an extremely long night. Adam was feeling fine until about 9:30 p.m. Then he started feeling nauseous. We were both really tired so we laid down for bed. In the middle of the night, Adam started throwing up, a lot. He got up several times and each time, threw up. By this morning, he had nothing left in him, and his back was hurting extremely bad from all the heaving.

He was supposed to go on a business trip today to Las Vegas, but that was obviously out of the question. He went to the doctor's and called me at work to let me know they needed to put him on an IV for dehydration and could I please pick him up because he was to tired and weak to drive himself to get the IV done. OF COURSE! I said.

So, he spent two hours hooked up to an IV to get hydrated and then I took him home. He's been resting ever since. He's got to do some more tests tomorrow, and Friday he has a follow up appointment to see what his blood tests from today showed.

Please send happy thoughts of good health Adam's way. As soon as we find out what's going on, I'll let you know.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls