Monday, June 23, 2008

Great weekend, crappy Monday

This is a crappy Monday because the cold I came down with on Friday has gotten worse over the weekend....not that I'm surprised. But it stinks because I just feel so crappy! I'm achy, my throat hurts a lot, I'm sneezing, coughing, and really stuffed up. Bleh.

This weekend I went to the Bay Area for my future cousin-in-law's bridal shower/bachelorette party. My mom and aunt threw an awesome bridal shower for Crystal! They held it at Chevy's, which is always tasty. They planned fun games, including a cake decorating contest (my team's cake won!), throw the bouquet, famous couples, and more. There were tons of prizes, laughter, and Crystal scored some great presents!

After the shower, my friend Libby and I had her friends go to Libby's apartment for movies, drinks and pizza before hitting the bars. It was fun to watch Crystal catch up with her friends, some of them she hadn't seen in a few years! Around 9:30, we all headed to downtown Mountain View to go bar hopping. The group of us were able to score several rounds of free drinks for the bride, and soon she was quite toasted!

My cousin had his bachelor party Saturday night while we were all at Crystals party. Sounds like he had an excellent time as well...his list of drinks was huge, and his friends spent a TON of money on his night....like $4,000!!! I'm thinking I'm glad Adam wasn't able to go! We wouldn't have been able to afford it!


Here are a few pictures from the shower/bachelorette party for your enjoyment!

The blushing bride right before the bouquet toss game.
Jason got a few wrong answers during the "Newly Weds" game my mom planned. Good thing they have a few months to figure all that out!
Look at all those presents!
Everyone who attended the shower.
Crystal and her good friend Neil. He came out with us later that night, too!Crystal and I before mucho beverages.
Crystal and Neil...prepping for the Purple Hooter.
He's talking her into it...
She's really not excited about it!
Oh well! Bottoms up!
Out on the dance floor.
Oh...our poor bride...passed out at the bar!
The walk to the car...she couldn't do it on her own!
List of drinks for the night....Red Bull and Vodka, Mandarin Blaster, Mind Eraser, Purple Hooter, shot of Vodka with a beer chaser, missing from the list -another shot of Vodka, and the straw that broke the camel's back...a last shot of Vodka with another beer chaser!


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image by Martin Walls